Thursday, June 24, 2010

New helpful site.

http://querytracker.net
I'm already finding this site hugely helpful and I'm only signed up for the free version.
Now I'm back to my real problem. I can't tell you how many times I've read. "If you can't give (insert critical information here) at the drop of a hat, in clear consise terms, there's probably something wrong with your story."
Yes, I'll tell you what's wrong witth my story. It was writen by a novice who didn't know she was supposed to be able to write a query letter. A novice who also knows nothing of "the business" and what would makes one versus the other.
So here I am having trouble querying because...
I don't know what nitch my work would fall under(no I didn't have one in mind when I started)
I can write five million synopsises but I don't know what to focus on to make it exciting and interesting.
So there we go. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment